Getting to the workshop
Boone is a unique town situated in the North Carolina High Country, elevation 3333ft. It’s a perfect getaway for folks wanting to escape the daily hustle of city life. Getting here is fairly simple. If you have a GPS, just type in Boone, NC and presto, you’ll be headed right here!
From Charlotte: Hwy 77 North to I-85 South, 321 North to Blowing Rock, stay straight on to Boone.
From Raleigh: I-40 West to Winston-Salem, In Winston-Salem merge on to Hwy 421 West and come straight to Boone.
From Johnson City, TN: Hwy 321 straight to Boone
From Asheville: I-40 east to Marion, Hwy 221 North, follow Hwy 221 through several stop lights, Hwy 221 will eventually run in to Hwy 105, Follow Hwy 105 in to Boone
Holiday Inn Express, Boone 1943 Blowing Rock Rd, Boone, NC 28607 (828) 264-2451 The block of rooms has expired, but mention your with Mountains to Sea Workshops and sometimes they can help you out!
What to bring:
Headlamp / Flashlight
- Cable Release Trigger
- Waterproof Full Leather or insulated hiking boots
- Waterproof/Breathable Winter outer shell
- Fleece or down insulating layer/Jacket
- Waterproof/Breathable Nylon Pants
- Full coverage Fleece Balaclava or Toboggan and neck gaiter
- Gaiters(to keep snow out of your boots)
- Wool or insulated Gloves(with pull back finger tips is recommended)
- Hand warmers
- An adventurous spirit
- Recommended equipment:
- Camera backpack with rain cover
- Ultra-wide to wide angle lens
- Telephoto lens
- Sturdy Tripod and Ball Head
- Rain cover for your camera
- Lens cloth and cleaning solution
- Circular Polarizer, ND Filters, ND Graduated filters
You are required to make the minimum deposit to hold your spot. Full payment of the workshop tuition is required within 30 days of the workshop start date, otherwise you risk forfeiting your deposit and opening your space to another individual.
Cancellations made more than 60 days before the event date may choose to reschedule for another workshop date or request a refund minus a 20% admin fee. Cancellations made less than 60 days before the event date are only eligible for rescheduling or a refund if the opening can be rebooked.