We will be using meeting space at the Hampton Inn in Brevard, as our meeting space. Lodging is not included with tuition. There will be a block of rooms for a limited time only. The block and any discount associated with it will be announce via our Newsletter and the Mountains to Sea Workshops Facebook Fan page. Alistair and I will be staying at the Davidson River Campground and you’re welcome to grab a site along side us! If you are a solo participant and would like to share a room, let us know and we will do our best to accomodate you.
*Important~ The Hampton Inn has a block of rooms set up for us. There are 15 rooms priced at $149.00. The block of rooms is available until April-20, 2016. After this date, they will go to the regular price and we cannot guarantee room availability.
275 Forest Gate Dr, Pisgah Forest, NC 28768
Holiday Inn Express – Meeting Location
2228 Asheville Hwy, Brevard, NC 28712
What to bring:
- Sturdy hiking Boots/shoes(Waterproof are preferred)
- Nylon hiking socks
- Water Shoes(not recommended for hiking)
- Zip off Nylon(quick dry) pants are recommended
- Hiking or Fly Fishing shirts are recommended(cotton will work, but is not ideal for wicking)
- Rain gear(nylon over pants, waterproof jacket and hat)
- Lightweight umbrella (if we are shooting in a light rain)
- Sunscreen and bug spray
- Sunglasses and a hat
- Trail snacks
- A 2 Liter, Lexan Water Bottle – it will be warm and we will be hiking
- Laptop / editing software (optional)
- An adventurous spirit
- Ultra-wide to wide angle lens
- Macro lens
- Mid-range zoom lens
- Telephoto lens
- Polarizer, Neutral Density and ND Grads
- Sturdy Tripod and Ballhead
- Camera backpack with rain cover
Getting to the workshop
Seventy-five percent of the US population is within a one-day drive of Brevard. You’re probably closer to this gem than you think! Asheville Regional Airport is the closest airport to fly into and is only 30 minutes from Brevard. Atlanta, GA is about a 3 hour drive. Please contact us if you need specific directions or assistance with travel plans.
You are required to make the minimum deposit to hold your spot. Full payment of the workshop tuition is required within 30 days of the workshop start date, otherwise you risk forfeiting your deposit and opening your space to another individual.
Cancellations made more than 60 days before the event date may choose to reschedule for another workshop date or request a refund minus a 20% admin fee. Cancellations made less than 60 days before the event date are only eligible for rescheduling or a refund if the opening can be rebooked.
Western North Carolina Waterfall Photography Workshop