Getting to the workshop
Boone is a unique town situated in the North Carolina High Country, elevation 3333ft. It’s a perfect getaway for folks wanting to escape the daily hustle of city life. Getting here is fairly simple. If you have a GPS, just type in Boone, NC and presto, you’ll be headed right here!
From Charlotte: Hwy 77 North to I-85 South, 321 North to Blowing Rock, stay straight on to Boone.
From Raleigh: I-40 West to Winston-Salem, In Winston-Salem merge on to Hwy 421 West and come straight to Boone.
From Johnson City, TN: Hwy 321 straight to Boone
From Asheville: I-40 east to Marion, Hwy 221 North, follow Hwy 221 through several stop lights, Hwy 221 will eventually run in to Hwy 105, Follow Hwy 105 in to Boone
There will be a block of discounted rooms available for a limited time, at the Holiday Inn Express in Boone(next to Lowes Hardware). We will announce the discount and time frame via our Newsletter and the Mountains to Sea Workshops Facebook Fan page.
Holiday Inn Express, Boone 1943 Blowing Rock Rd, Boone, NC 28607 (828) 264-2451
What to bring:
- Headlamp / Flashlight
- Sturdy, Waterproof hiking boots/shoes
- W/B Jacket and pants
- Lightweight base layer(fleece)
- Sunscreen and bug spray
- Water, 2 liter Lexan bottle
- Laptop / editing software (We recommend Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop)
- An adventurous spirit
- Camera bag or something to protect your gear, with a rain fly
- Ultra-wide to wide angle lens (f 2.8 is recommended)
- The Rokinon 14mm, f2.8 is a great Astrophotography sense
- Sturdy Tripod and Ballhead
- Cable Release
- Hand Warmer and thick rubber bands(for lense condensation)
- Lense cloth and cleaning solution
You are required to make the minimum deposit to hold your spot. Full payment of the workshop tuition is required within 30 days of the workshop start date, otherwise you risk forfeiting your deposit and opening your space to another individual.
Cancellations made more than 60 days before the event date may choose to reschedule for another workshop date or request a refund minus a 20% admin fee. Cancellations made less than 60 days before the event date are only eligible for rescheduling or a refund if the opening can be rebooked.